Pre-K and Kindergarten Schedule
PRE-KINDERGARTEN AND KINDERGARTEN SCHEDULE
- Arrival and Greeting Time
- Group Time – time for group “greetings” and transitioning into the day’s activities. Group activities may include a song or fingerplay, a story, an opportunity for teachers and children to share with the group and an introduction to themes or the day’s activities.
- Curriculum Activities – After group time, various activities in the curriculum centers are usually scheduled, allowing children to rotate throughout different centers. Some activities may involve small groups while others include individual activities.
- After Curriculum Group Time for pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten children, a short time to get back together as a group after curriculum activities provides an opportunity to review morning activities. It is also a good time for sharing a story or music and movement activities.
- Washing up and Snack Time – This should be a relaxed, pleasant time.
- Toileting Schedule – Time is set aside after eating, napping, and before and after outdoor play for toileting and washing up.
- Active and Outdoor Play
- Washing Up and Lunch Time
- Nap and Rest Time – The lights are dim and the activity level is calm which allows children to rest and recharge.
- Afternoon Snack
- Quiet Activities
- Afternoon Outdoor Play
- Afternoon Group Time – Help children transition from afternoon outdoor play by coming together in large or small groups for music activities and story sharing
- Informal Afternoon Activities
- Departure and Good-bye Time
Reference: ( Excerpts from “Schedules for Infant, TOddlers, Preschoool, and Kindergarten” – A Staff Training Aid. Environments, Inc)